Chauffeurity Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Chauffeurity Pte. Ltd., and companies comprising the subsidiaries, associate companies and or jointly controlled entities of the holding company of the group (“the Company”) will use your Personal Data.
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Chauffeurity Pte. Ltd. and its holding company, associate companies use your Personal Data.
The Company offers information and a method for transportation providers, drivers and vehicle operators to schedule, obtain and establish contact with Passengers and or Customers, but does not and does not intend to provide transportation services or act in any way as a taxi operator, transportation carrier or provider.
The Company provides its service by using the mobile application supplied to you via mobile devices, smartphones and tablets (using operating systems such as iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows), and downloading, installing or using any associated software supplied by the Company (“Chauffeurity App”) which overall purpose is to enable persons seeking transportation services to certain destinations (“Passengers and or Customers”) to be matched with the party providing the service (collectively, the “Service”)
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, your device type, model, brand and IMEI, vehicle registration, model and make, number, National Registration Identity Card, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
If you are a driver using the Chauffeurity app, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause the Company to be unable to engage you to provide services via the Chauffeurity App or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
Sources from which your Personal Data may be obtained
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to the Company directly, the Company may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- when you fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms whether online or otherwise;
- when you download and use the Chauffeurity app whether as a provider of services or a seeker of services;
- from publicly available sources such as directories;
- from the Company’s Facebook pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- from credit reporting agencies;
- when you interact and communicate with the Company at any events or activities;
- when you enter contests or participate in campaigns organized by the Company;
- from various entities or divisions under the Company; or
- by using the Company’s websites, which include all websites operated by the Company and under the names of its respective brands (“Websites”). Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Purposes of Processing
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purpose”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided through the Company:
- to perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- where you have requested to download and use the Chauffeurity App, to process your request, to deliver the Chauffeurity App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the Chauffeurity App;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls,
- surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Company and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
Where you are a driver, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by the Company in order to engage you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided or require;
- to contact you or your company;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and Promotional Purposes
The Company may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- to send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to notify and invite you to events or activities organised by the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- to share your Personal Data with its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
If you do not consent to the Company processing your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes please notify the Company using the contact details stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Singapore, to companies within the Company’s group which are located outside of Singapore and/or where the Company’s servers are located outside of Singapore. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Singapore as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, the Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):
- Companies within the Chauffeurity Pte. Ltd. and other entities within the Company;
- The Company partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- event management companies and event sponsors
- marketing research companies;
- service providers, including information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and
- governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Head of Customer Service
Chauffeurity Pte. Ltd.
11 Woodlands Close, #03-26 Woodlands 11 Singapore 737853
Operating Hours : 9am – 5pm from Monday – Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
The Company reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted under law.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, the Company has the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow a minor (individuals under 18 years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to the Company. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to the Company, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their personal data to the Company and you have obtained their consent for their personal data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with the Company, using the Company’s services, purchasing products from the Company or by virtue of your engagement with the Company for any reason whatsoever, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by the Company as described in this Notice.
The Company shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with the Company, by continuing to use the Company’s services, purchasing products from the Company or by your continued engagement with the Company following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the version in English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.